A suicide bomber killed three soldiers Wednesday in an attack targeting a military building in Egypt's volatile Sinai Peninsula, security officials said, dpa reported.
The attacker also died in the suicide car bombing outside the military intelligence headquarters in Rafah town near the border with the Palestinian Gaza Strip and Israel, the officials said.
Assailants fired rocket propelled grenades at the building after the explosion.
The attack came a day after the army reportedly killed nine suspected insurgents as part of a major offensive against suspected Islamist insurgents that started in Sinai on Saturday.
The rugged desert peninsula has seen an upsurge in attacks by suspected Islamist militants since the Egyptian military ousted president Mohammed Morsi in July.
Original headline: Suicide bomber kills three in Egypt's Sinai
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals