"Data protection & recovery software and storage & device management software were the two biggest sources of growth this quarter," said
EMC, IBM, and Symantec were the top ranking storage software suppliers with 25.6%, 16.0%, and 14.8% market share, respectively. Veeam and CommVault experienced the largest organic growth during the quarter with 99.7% and 20.5% year-over-year growth, respectively.
Among the storage software market segments, Data Protection & Recovery software revenues were up 8.9% year over year to nearly
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Storage Software QView is a quantitative tool for analyzing the global storage software market. This Tracker counts new license and maintenance revenues quarterly and provides data segmentations by vendor, submarket, functional product family, and region.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy