A LOSTWITHIEL waitress has spoken of the moment she saw herself on the big screen after being cast in Hollywood move About Time. Rebecca Chew was working in Sam's on the Beach restaurant at Polkerris last summer when movie mogul Richard Curtis dropped in for dinner with his family.
Mr Curtis, who was in Cornwall filming scenes for his time- travelling romantic comedy film , had been looking for an extra to play the role of a cafe waitress.
And within minutes of meeting the bubbly 18-yearold he knew he had found the perfect person for the role, alongside stars Rachel McAdams and Bill Nighy.
It was quite funny seeing myself on the big screen, I just sat there giggling to myself, but I really enjoyed the film, said Rebecca, who saw the movie for the first time on Wednesday at St Austell's cinema, where the premiere was held on Saturday, September 1. There was a cast and crew screening of the film earlier this summer but Rebecca couldn't attend due to her sister's birthday party.
I appeared twice but was only on screen for a few seconds in total. But I still had school friends who I haven't spoken to in years message me saying they'd seen me in the film.
Then I went out in Newquay on Saturday night and a random guy from Cardiff recognised me. He said 'oh my God were you the girl in that film?' It was really weird.
Rebecca, a former Fowey Community College pupil, has recently completed a singing diploma and hopes to go into musical theatre.
I'm focusing on my singing at the moment but I would definitely consider going into films if the opportunity arose, she said. I hope Richard Curtis keeps in touch! Speaking to the Cornish Guardian at the movie's premiere, Mr Curtis said: (Rebecca) was so sweet when she was giving pizzas to our kids that we cast her in the film.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset