NextComputing, a leading manufacturer of portable and small footprint workstations and servers, has added the Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v2 processor product family to its line portable workstations, compact towers, and high-density rack-mount computers. Intel Xeon E5-2600v2 processors offer up to twelve (12) processor cores per CPU, allowing power users in many industries to work faster and more efficiently than previously possible. With support for up to two of these processors (24 cores or 48 threads), plus increased memory speeds up to 1866MHz, NextComputing's compact systems offer the industry’s highest performance computing platforms in the smallest form-factors available.
Although improving datacenter performance and efficiency are important, NextComputing's typical customers must often take enterprise-class computing into the field to solve data-intensive problems such as network packet processing, imagery analysis, video encoding, or oilfield seismic interpretation. Since the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600v2 product family is based on Intel’s 22nm architecture, these products can deliver up to 35% more performance compared to the previous generation E5-2600 series processors based on 32nm technology. Increasing the maximum total core count from 8 to 12 (a factor of 50%) opens up new possibilities for data processing in the field where time-to-solution is critical.
NextComputing is now offering the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600v2 product family in all of its core products, giving users the flexibility choose a form-factor that best suits their environment and workflow:
• Portable Servers and Workstations – All-in-one, portable systems like the Radius EX support single- or dual-processor Intel Xeon E5-2600v2 configurations, bringing true server-class performance to unique locations.
• Rugged Portable Workstations – Ruggedized systems such as the Vigor EX offer further environmental protection against shock, vibration, and dust for mission-critical computing, primarily for military/intelligence operations and oil/gas remote data management.
• Dense Rackmounts – The Nucleus RM series of small form-factor rack systems offer high-end performance in less space; a major advantage for those who need to deploy systems in vehicles, fly-packs, or other mobile accommodations.
• Compact Towers – Diminutive systems like the Nucleus Server feature the same performance and options as the portable server family, but in a mini-tower chassis ideal for space limited environments like trailers or small remote offices.
"When looking at our history helping our customers solve their toughest mobile computing problems, it's clear that
For more information or pricing on NextComputing products featuring the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600v2 processors, please contact sales [at] nextcomputing [dot] com or call +1.603.886.3874.
NextComputing is a US-based manufacturer of high-performance computing platforms, with solutions that feature enterprise-class workstation and server architecture in the smallest and lightest systems available. Visit http://www.nextcomputing.com for more information.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11110424.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM