The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 storage system sets a new world record for dual-node NAS system throughput with 450,702 SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3 ops/sec(1), delivering 2.3x the performance of the best dual-node NetApp NAS system, the FAS6240 storage system, which offers 190,675 SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3 ops/sec(2), and supporting more transactions per storage system to increase operational value.
The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 storage system sets a new world record with a SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3 ORT (overall response time) of 0.70 milliseconds(1), beating by 40 percent
The SPECsfs2008 NFSv3 benchmark measures the throughput and response time of NFS servers based on workloads that represent the activity of large-scale servers in real customer environments. SPECsfs2008 results summarize the storage server's capabilities with respect to the number of operations that can be handled per second, as well as the overall latency of the operations.
The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 storage system also enables customers to save money by delivering higher performance at 40 percent less cost than a two-node NetApp FAS 6240, resulting in 3.9x better value than the NetApp FAS6240(1)(2).
The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-4 storage system also allows
The mid-range Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 storage system delivers 210,535 SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3 ops/sec with a SPECsfs2008_nfs.v3 ORT of 1.12 milliseconds(4), resulting in 2x the performance and 36 percent lower latency than
The Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3-2 storage system delivers its higher performance at 70 percent less cost than the NetApp FAS3250, resulting in 7.7x better value than the NetApp FAS 3250(4)(5).
Oracle ZFS Storage systems are the only NAS systems co-engineered with Oracle Database to deliver unique application engineered storage advantages that extend customer benefits beyond pure performance with greater storage efficiency using Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC), automated information lifecycle management using the combination of Oracle Database 12c Automatic Data Optimization with HCC, and the reduction in manual database setup and tuning using the dynamic automation capabilities of Oracle Intelligent Storage Protocol.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise