The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A Searchable Symmetric Encryption (SSE) mechanism is described which allows efficient dynamic updating of encrypted index information. The encrypted index information includes pointer information that is encrypted using a malleable encryption scheme. The SSE mechanism updates the encrypted index information by modifying at least one instance of the pointer information without decrypting the pointer information, and thereby without revealing the nature of the changes being made. In one implementation, the SSE mechanism includes a main indexing structure and a deletion indexing structure. An updating operation involves patching applied to both the main indexing structure and deletion indexing structure."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged