"The versatile and configurable A2100 common platform offers both our commercial and government customers reduced cost and risk while ensuring mission success, high reliability and outstanding sustained performance," said
The satellite fleet consists of 45 commercial and U.S. government communication satellites that are equipped with over 1,500 transponders transmitting data, video and audio for satellite operators worldwide.
In addition to commercial applications, the A2100 satellite series serves as the platform for several critical communications programs for the U.S. government, including the Advanced Extremely High Frequency and Mobile User Objective System.
The A2100 has also been adapted for non-communication missions, such as
"Each A2100 is built from a standard suite of components that can support multiple designs and functions," continued Reiners. "The A2100 also features the latest generation electric propulsion system using Hall current thrusters, providing a higher total thrust for a faster time to orbit."
The A2100 is the most recent satellite platform designed by
The A2100 satellite platform is designed to meet a wide variety of telecommunications needs, including Ka-band broadband and broadcast services, fixed satellite services in C-band, Ku-band and X-band, high-power direct broadcast services using Ku-band and mobile satellite services using EHF, UHF, L-band, and S-band payloads.
The A2100's modular design features simplified construction, increased on-orbit reliability and reduced weight and cost.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today