With Foursquare, users check in via a mobile device from various restaurants, landmarks, and venues. "For the most part, computing can now be accomplished by an iPhone or an iPad," Spalter says. "You're seeing these devices become users' primary computers. They make 90 percent of what we do on computers easier.
"That's the fun part, the technology keeps evolving, and you have to reinvent, and learn new skills."
Foursquare users create a log of locations where they have been, which provides a map, timeline, promotional tool for businesses, and a guide for likeminded individuals.
A multidisciplinary approach is what Spalter says distinguishes his work: "I look at problems from different angles. Every environment I've worked in has had an entrepreneurial spirit, the multidisciplinary approach and thinking."
TNS 24KuanRap-130911 30FurigayJof-4481851 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM