The newly released
This analysis is part of the
Manufacturers globally continue to focus on areas in which near-patient diagnosis and monitoring can profoundly change therapy decisions, improve outcomes, and lower costs. Market participants are strengthening their R&D focus for the development of highly sensitive biosensors, less expensive optical systems, and non-invasive systems to integrate into POCT instruments for better performance. Microfluidic systems based on the lab-on-chip concept, along with increased biomarker discoveries of equipment, may cause a paradigm shift in the clinical diagnostic industry.
POCT is gaining traction due to increasing incidence and prevalence of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes. POC HbA1C tests are routinely performed for type 1 and 2 diabetes patients and their proven efficacy encourages continued adoption by doctors. For instance, in most European countries, these tests are included as part of a routine in a comprehensive screening programme to monitor blood sugar level. Doctors and diabetes specialists recommend HbA1C tests once every three months, helping sustain test volumes.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?