iPhone models -->
Apple has unveiled two new iPhone models, the iPhone 5s and the lower-priced iPhone 5c, but failed to address the lower echelons of the smartphone market to the extent that many analysts had expected.
iPhone 5s, which is 7.6 millimeters thick and weighs 112 grams, includes some new features including a fingerprint identity sensor built into a redesigned home button, a newly engineered 64-bit chip, and a camera that boasts 33% greater light sensitivity.
The most distinctive feature of the iPhone 5c, meanwhile, is its casing, which is vailable in various bright colours. Apple stressed that it had no interest in "imitating the typical, fragile plastic phone" and so built the 5c around a steel-reinforced frame that also acts as an antenna.
But the unsubsidised price of both devices failed to impress analysts.
"At an unsubsidised cost of
Based on an analysis of Apple's product announcement, IHS said that it had chosen not to upgrade its forecast of overall Apple iPhone shipments in the second half. "IHS at this time is maintaining its prediction of 86.1 million iPhone shipments in the second half, up 25% from 68.7 million in the first half and a 15% increase from 61.1 million in the first half of 2012.
"If Apple had hit a
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today