Processing content through QC software is a standard practice for all companies involved in the production and distribution of programming, but QC processing is computationally intensive requiring capital intensive solutions. For workflow owners, QCloud shifts the capital spend model to an operational expense model and spreads spending over time. Users who require assistance managing occasional load spikes can also benefit from using QCloud to handle increases that go beyond the capacity of their on-premise Tektronix Cerify QC solution. QCloud allows companies, large or small, to scale the system and their cost of ownership to meet budget and use needs via a usage-based licensing model. For those who are ingesting, storing and processing their content in the cloud, QCloud negates the time consuming process of transferring content to on-premise systems for QC purposes.
"QCloud offers the flexibility in terms of cost and functionality that production, post production, broadcast and online video services utilizing cloud platforms require to ensure the quality of file-based video content," said
With joining the APN, QCloud is the only cloud-capable QC solution that processes file-based content stored on the Amazon S3 storage platform - a platform used by many video service providers (VSP) as well as content creators and broadcasters globally. This allows VSPs and content creators to easily integrate QCloud into their cloud-based workflows. Integrated into the cloud, QCloud does not require users to invest in any hardware by allowing them to use the AWS platform as needed, eliminating the need for large upfront capital expenses and without hardware to maintain, operating expenses are also minimized.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics