The 2014 Chevrolet Sonic is available with even more advanced-safety features, including a rear-vision camera, Forward Collision Alert, and Lane Departure Warning.
When activated, Forward Collision Alert warns drivers if they are approaching a vehicle too quickly. Lane Departure Warning gives an alert when the vehicle veers from a marked roadway lane. The rear-vision camera, enabled by the Chevrolet MyLink s 7-inch digital touch-screen, helps give drivers a clearer view of stationary objects behind the vehicle.
Customer safety is our top priority, said
Sonic is the first and only car in its class to receive a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score in the New Car Assessment Program administered by the
While airbags and other passive safety technologies are indispensable, the active safety system now can help even more Sonic drivers avoid collisions from the start, said Kim.
Kim s leadership in safety technology recently earned GM recognition from the 23rd
Sonic is one of Chevrolet s best-selling vehicles among buyers under 35.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November