Clinical teleconferencing platform powers first virtual orientation CENTENNIAL, CO—September 9, 2013. Doctorate of Nursing Practice students are experiencing 21st Century health care right from the start at the
“It was amazing! Not only was the picture and sound quality far better than other videoconferences I’ve been on, but we were able to share examples of real patient data like x-rays on the screen as well because the technology meets or exceeds HIPAA security rules,” said Katz.
Dean Nancy Smith (http://www.uccs.edu/bethel/about/dean.html) was equally enthusiastic about the successful orientation and the integration of the Virtual Care Works platform.
“I am proud that we are bringing the latest and greatest from private sector technology into our approach, and exposing our students to the ways that health care professionals really interact with each other. I look forward to more opportunities to use telemedicine solutions in our curriculum,” Smith said.
About Virtual Care Works
Virtual Care Works (VCW) (http://www.virtualcareworks.com/) provides secure, “medical-grade” communications solutions for health care providers. The VCW platform includes tools to converse with colleagues and patients via videoconference, exchange medical data and images via secure email or text and collaborate across a secure, HIPAA-compliant network. Healthcare organizations of all types and size benefit from the safety and security VCW offers, and use the VCW platform to avoid the significant fines (
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics