WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwired) -- 09/10/13 -- This morning, Donald J. Trump, president and chairman of The Trump Organization, and Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, executive vice presidents of development and acquisitions, unveiled details of TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION's plans for its $200 million redevelopment of The Old Post Office, an iconic Pennsylvania Avenue landmark. Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton, Mayor Vincent Gray, and Commissioner of the Public Buildings Service for the United States General Services Administration Dorothy Robyn were also gathered to celebrate the occasion.
"Trump International Hotel, Washington, D.C. will be, when completed, one of the finest hotels anywhere in the world. The building itself, which is totally irreplaceable, is going to be brought back to far beyond its original grandeur. People of this country will be particularly proud of the new ballroom -- it will be large and magnificent. With carefully articulated luxury features and amenities, an unrivaled location on 'America's Main Street' and iconic architectural character, it will be unlike any other hotel in the market today. It will be a building of which our whole nation will be very proud!" declared Donald J. Trump.
The hotel's design nods to America's European heritage and its references to Romanesque elements, but from a uniquely American perspective. In the 18 months since TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION was selected by the GSA as developer of the landmark, Donald and Ivanka Trump have been working alongside famed architects Beyer Blinder Belle, interior design consultants Hirsch Bedner Associates, and historic advisor and preservation specialists John Cullinane & Associates to realize the design of Trump International Hotel, The Old Post Office, Washington, D.C.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief