Ayear ago, Rafa Nadal watched Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic duke it out for the US Open title, while he was on a seven-month battle to overcome a potential career-ending knee injury. Last night, in winning his 13th Grand Slam title, he proved again that he is back - and playing better tennis than ever. Since he rejoined the Tour in February Nadal has reached the finals in 12 of his 13 tournaments, winning 10 of them. It is testament to the fighting spirit and determination he is renowned for. And it is a remarkable achievement in a career already so full of accomplishments.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws