(Photo: http://www.prnasia.com/sa/2013/09/11/20130911110350291352.html )
Chinese tourism revenue is expected to reach
Pioneering social business intelligence company CIC and GroupM Knowledge, the think tank of
Hotel and transportation are the hottest topics for business travellers. Budget and mid-scale hotels received more buzz than luxurious and upscale hotels from business travellers and they discuss more about hotel services and location. As to transportation, inflight meals and flight punctuality are two important factors when they choose a flight. Brands should make these practical considerations as part of their communications strategy and avoiding claims that they cannot deliver.
As car enthusiasts, self-drive travellers are interested in discussing the joy of driving, car maintenance, and car rental services. They prefer to get automobile related information from automobile dealers. The research suggests that making friends, freedom and family are key motivations behind the discussions of these travellers. Therefore, in their communications strategies for self-drive travellers, brands should focus on their passion for freedom and family happiness.
Package tourists are more willing to share information on travel agencies and their honeymoon experience. The success of the movie, "Lost in
Luxury shopping travellers like to show off their luxury purchases on social media. Leather goods and ready-to-wear are the most buzzed categories. They gain overseas shopping information from Taobao and social shopping websites. The Weibo accounts of professional overseas buyers play a big role in their information gathering and purchasing. Luxury shopping travellers favor innovative and trendsetting brands. Limited editions and unique designs are very effective methods to stimulate purchase.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court