TransGaming Inc., a developer and provider of platform-defining social video game experiences, announced the launch of GameTree TV on TP Vision's line of Philip's TVs.
According to a release, GameTree TV can be played on the 2013 Smart TV's showed at IFA.
The company reported that this launch represents the first deployment on an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of GameTree TV, TransGaming's premiere on-demand video game service for Smart TV. GameTree TV will offer Philips Smart TV consumers a growing library of branded content, with the games being monetized through unique video advertising.
Additionally, this global agreement immediately expands the GameTree TV market share by millions of households. Additionally, this is the first launch of the HTML5-version of GameTree TV, a technological milestone that accelerates the expansion of the GameTree TV service through increased compatibility across many consumer electronic devices and ease of deployment.
"This groundbreaking launch on Philips TVs demonstrates the rapidly growing, multi-platform reach of our video game service. Not only does TransGaming's GameTree TV delight audiences on cable and satellite providers, it now does so for top-tier Smart TV manufacturers," said Vikas Gupta, CEO & President of TransGaming. "The combination of extended reach, along with our new advertising- supported strategy means strong, recurring revenue that will scale as our deployments do. This is an important milestone in our market penetration strategy. "
"Our line of Philips Smart TVs feature many wonderful entertainment options for TVs and TransGaming's GameTree TV is a perfect fit, with great games for the whole family for free. We have no doubt the service will delight our consumers," commented Albert Mombarg, Head of Smart TV, TP Vision.
GameTree TV joins other Smart TV apps on Philips Smart TV's such as Netflix, YouTube and Skype rounding out access to a world of online entertainment on TV.
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?