This morning, the components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average were reshuffled with Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Bank of America (BAC) and Alcoa (AA) being removed from the index. Being added to replace these three stocks are Goldman Sachs (GS), Visa (V) and Nike (NKE). The changes are being made to cycle out some lower priced stocks and diversify the sectors that make up the 30 stock index. The changes are slated to happen at the close of trading on September 20th. On the news, shares of Visa, Goldman Sachs and Nike all got a boost.
The preceding is a transcript of the following MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201309Earn1091013&mv=1.
Original headline: Big Shake-Up In The Dow Jones Industrial Average
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack