This morning, the components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average were reshuffled with Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Bank of America (BAC) and Alcoa (AA) being removed from the index. Being added to replace these three stocks are Goldman Sachs (GS), Visa (V) and Nike (NKE). The changes are being made to cycle out some lower priced stocks and diversify the sectors that make up the 30 stock index. The changes are slated to happen at the close of trading on September 20th. On the news, shares of Visa, Goldman Sachs and Nike all got a boost.
The preceding is a transcript of the following MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201309Earn1091013&mv=1.
Original headline: Big Shake-Up In The Dow Jones Industrial Average
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American