This morning, the components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average were reshuffled with Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Bank of America (BAC) and Alcoa (AA) being removed from the index. Being added to replace these three stocks are Goldman Sachs (GS), Visa (V) and Nike (NKE). The changes are being made to cycle out some lower priced stocks and diversify the sectors that make up the 30 stock index. The changes are slated to happen at the close of trading on September 20th. On the news, shares of Visa, Goldman Sachs and Nike all got a boost.
The preceding is a transcript of the following MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201309Earn1091013&mv=1.
Original headline: Big Shake-Up In The Dow Jones Industrial Average
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects