This morning, the components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average were reshuffled with Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Bank of America (BAC) and Alcoa (AA) being removed from the index. Being added to replace these three stocks are Goldman Sachs (GS), Visa (V) and Nike (NKE). The changes are being made to cycle out some lower priced stocks and diversify the sectors that make up the 30 stock index. The changes are slated to happen at the close of trading on September 20th. On the news, shares of Visa, Goldman Sachs and Nike all got a boost.
The preceding is a transcript of the following MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201309Earn1091013&mv=1.
Original headline: Big Shake-Up In The Dow Jones Industrial Average
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'