This morning, the components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average were reshuffled with Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), Bank of America (BAC) and Alcoa (AA) being removed from the index. Being added to replace these three stocks are Goldman Sachs (GS), Visa (V) and Nike (NKE). The changes are being made to cycle out some lower priced stocks and diversify the sectors that make up the 30 stock index. The changes are slated to happen at the close of trading on September 20th. On the news, shares of Visa, Goldman Sachs and Nike all got a boost.
The preceding is a transcript of the following MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201309Earn1091013&mv=1.
Original headline: Big Shake-Up In The Dow Jones Industrial Average
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green