CHICAGO, ILLINOIS -- (Marketwired) -- 09/10/13 -- BMO Financial Corp. today announced the appointment of Bonnie Howard, formerly the Chief Auditor and Global Head, Control and Emerging Risk, for Citigroup, Inc., to the BMO Financial Corp. Board of Directors. BMO Financial Corp. is the U.S. holding company for BMO Harris Bank N.A., and the Board of Directors provides governance and oversight for the bank as well as the U.S. operations of BMO Capital Markets and BMO Private Bank.
"We are very pleased that Bonnie is joining our Board. Her insights, experience and deep understanding of the financial services industry have served her well through a distinguished career," said Frank Clark, Chair of the Board, BMO Financial Corp., and former Chair and CEO of ComEd.
In previous roles, Ms. Howard served as Managing Director, Global Capital Markets Internal Audits for FleetBoston and served in a number of key roles at JPMorgan Chase & Co., including Global Head, Capital Markets Operational Risk Management, and Managing Director and Deputy Chief Auditor, Global Markets. She currently serves on the boards of Assured Guaranty Ltd. and the YWCA of the City of New York.
Ms. Howard received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Missouri, St. Louis, and is a Certified Public Accountant in New York.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $549 billion as at July 31, 2013, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
Jim Kappel, Chicago
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street