- Telecable is extending its successful Pay TV service from set-top boxesconnected to TVs to multiple devices (including smartphones and tablets) toenable TV-anywhere services. As a result it will become the first cableoperator in Spain to offer advanced, cloud-based personal video recording.
- The solution seamlessly integrates Alcatel-Lucent IP video productsand innovations from selected partners with existing Telecable equipment. Itincludes two main components:
-- A cloud platform combining thePlatform mpx and
- An IP video head-end for processing of time-shifted TV services such asCatch-Up TV and personal recording. This comprises:
- Harmonic equipment to encode andtranscode live and on-demand video streams.
- Verimatrix for Digital RightsManagement and content protection.
-- Multiscreen clients available on every connected device to allow Telecablecustomers to enjoy applications such as electronic program guides (EPG),search, recommendations and personalization features.
-- Telecable will progressively roll out the new services from December2013.
-- This project aligns with
Most Popular Stories
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves
- Budget Deal Raises Deficit $41 Billion: CBO