More than a third of the nominees for the European Film Academy's People Choice Award are English-language films with Hollywood stars, the list indicates.
The nominees include "Anna Karenina" with Keira Knightley and Jude Law, "The Best Offer," with Geoffrey Rush and Donald Sutherland, "The Impossible" with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor and "Love is All You Need" with Pierce Brosnan.
Half of the films were shot in the English language, Variety.com reported, reflecting a shift by European filmmakers toward the language.
Four of the films were directed by Nordic filmmakers, including "Kon-Tiki" and "The Deep," Variety.com reported.
Three of the films are produced by U.K. companies, including "Searching for Sugar Man."
The award will be handed out at the 26th European Film Awards ceremony on Dec. 7 in Berlin.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4