More than a third of the nominees for the European Film Academy's People Choice Award are English-language films with Hollywood stars, the list indicates.
The nominees include "Anna Karenina" with Keira Knightley and Jude Law, "The Best Offer," with Geoffrey Rush and Donald Sutherland, "The Impossible" with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor and "Love is All You Need" with Pierce Brosnan.
Half of the films were shot in the English language, Variety.com reported, reflecting a shift by European filmmakers toward the language.
Four of the films were directed by Nordic filmmakers, including "Kon-Tiki" and "The Deep," Variety.com reported.
Three of the films are produced by U.K. companies, including "Searching for Sugar Man."
The award will be handed out at the 26th European Film Awards ceremony on Dec. 7 in Berlin.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story