More than a third of the nominees for the European Film Academy's People Choice Award are English-language films with Hollywood stars, the list indicates.
The nominees include "Anna Karenina" with Keira Knightley and Jude Law, "The Best Offer," with Geoffrey Rush and Donald Sutherland, "The Impossible" with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor and "Love is All You Need" with Pierce Brosnan.
Half of the films were shot in the English language, Variety.com reported, reflecting a shift by European filmmakers toward the language.
Four of the films were directed by Nordic filmmakers, including "Kon-Tiki" and "The Deep," Variety.com reported.
Three of the films are produced by U.K. companies, including "Searching for Sugar Man."
The award will be handed out at the 26th European Film Awards ceremony on Dec. 7 in Berlin.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine