US President Barack Obama Friday said it would
not be a good idea for the United States to boycott the Winter
Olympics in Sochi, Russia, over Moscow's persecution of gays and
Instead of boycotting the Olympics, the US should perform a bit of one-upsmanship on the snow slopes.
"I'm looking forward to some (US) gay and lesbian athletes bringing home the gold," Obama said.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Baucus May Be Next China Ambassador