US President Barack Obama Friday said it would
not be a good idea for the United States to boycott the Winter
Olympics in Sochi, Russia, over Moscow's persecution of gays and
Instead of boycotting the Olympics, the US should perform a bit of one-upsmanship on the snow slopes.
"I'm looking forward to some (US) gay and lesbian athletes bringing home the gold," Obama said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party