US President Barack Obama Friday said it would
not be a good idea for the United States to boycott the Winter
Olympics in Sochi, Russia, over Moscow's persecution of gays and
Instead of boycotting the Olympics, the US should perform a bit of one-upsmanship on the snow slopes.
"I'm looking forward to some (US) gay and lesbian athletes bringing home the gold," Obama said.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy