Mexico's Café Tacvba has announced a 14-day U.S. tour starting at the end of August in San Francisco, Calif.
Café Tacvba (pernounced Café Tacuba) was formed in 1989 and members are Rubén Isaac Albarrán Ortega, Emmanuel "Meme" del Real Díaz, José Alfredo "Joselo" Rangel Arroyo, Enrique "Quique" Rangel Arroyo, and Alejandro Flores.
Café Tacvba is riding the waves of success of their first album in five years: "El Objeto Antes Llamado Disco" ("The Object Previously Called An Album"). The album was selected as the best Latin album of 2012 by iTunes, and spotlighted in NPR and the L.A. Times' best albums of 2012. The band also made appearances at this year's SXSW and Coachella.
"El Objeto Antes Llamado Disco" currently is eligible for a Latin Grammy consideration.
Their tour dates are:
Aug 29 San Francisco, CA The Warfield
Aug 30 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre
Aug 31 Fresno, CA Rainbow Ballroom
Sep 01 Ventura, CA Ventura Theater
Sep 04 San Diego, CA Humphreys
Sep 05 Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre
Sep 06 El Paso, TX Speaking Rock Casino
Sep 07 Austin, TX Austin City Limits Live
Sep 08 Houston, TX Arena Theatre
Sep 11 Dallas, TX Verizon Theatre
Sep 13 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
Sep 14 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
Sep 16 New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
Sep 17 Washington, DC The Fillmore
For more information, visit
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes