Mexico's Café Tacvba has announced a 14-day U.S. tour starting at the end of August in San Francisco, Calif.
Café Tacvba (pernounced Café Tacuba) was formed in 1989 and members are Rubén Isaac Albarrán Ortega, Emmanuel "Meme" del Real Díaz, José Alfredo "Joselo" Rangel Arroyo, Enrique "Quique" Rangel Arroyo, and Alejandro Flores.
Café Tacvba is riding the waves of success of their first album in five years: "El Objeto Antes Llamado Disco" ("The Object Previously Called An Album"). The album was selected as the best Latin album of 2012 by iTunes, and spotlighted in NPR and the L.A. Times' best albums of 2012. The band also made appearances at this year's SXSW and Coachella.
"El Objeto Antes Llamado Disco" currently is eligible for a Latin Grammy consideration.
Their tour dates are:
Aug 29 San Francisco, CA The Warfield
Aug 30 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre
Aug 31 Fresno, CA Rainbow Ballroom
Sep 01 Ventura, CA Ventura Theater
Sep 04 San Diego, CA Humphreys
Sep 05 Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre
Sep 06 El Paso, TX Speaking Rock Casino
Sep 07 Austin, TX Austin City Limits Live
Sep 08 Houston, TX Arena Theatre
Sep 11 Dallas, TX Verizon Theatre
Sep 13 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
Sep 14 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
Sep 16 New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
Sep 17 Washington, DC The Fillmore
For more information, visit
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'