Texas' annual sales tax holiday is Friday through Sunday. Most
clothing, footwear, school supplies and backpacks priced under $100 will be tax-
free on those days.
The sales tax holiday has been an annual event since 1999 and is expected to save an estimated $78.9 million in state and local sales taxes this year.
It was authorized by Senate Bill 485 during the 83rd regular legislative session.
Items sold online, or by telephone or mail also qualify. Lay-away plans can be used again this year to take advantage of the sales tax holiday.
For more information, visit www.TexasTaxHoliday.org.
To better serve Midland and Odessa shoppers, EZ-Rider is offering free-fare rides. This will apply to the fixed route and express service in both Midland and Odessa on Friday and the fixed routes on Saturday.
Hours of operation this weekend for several Midland stores are:
-- Midland Park Mall: 10 a..m.-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sunday.
-- Kohl's: 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday; 8 am.-11 p.m. Saturday; and 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
-- Walmart: 12:01 a.m. Friday-11:59 p.m. Sunday (Though Walmart is open 24 hours, these are the hours items will be tax-free.)
-- Target: 8 a.m-11 p.m. Friday; 8 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday; and 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday
-- Office Depot: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
-- Staples: 8 a.m. -- 8 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. -- 7 p.m. Saturday, noon -- 6 p.m. Sunday
-- H-E-B: 6 a.m.-1 a.m. Friday-Sunday.
(c)2013 the Midland Reporter-Telegram (Midland, Texas)
Visit the Midland Reporter-Telegram (Midland, Texas) at www.mywesttexas.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World