Luxury German sports carmaker Porsche on Tuesday
reported a jump in first-half profits, boosted by a dividend payment
from Volkswagen and tax refunds.
Post-tax group profits rose to 1.47 billion euros (2 billion dollars) in the six months to the end of June, compared with 1.16 billion euros in the same period last year, said the Stuttgart-based group, which is part of the VW group.
Porsche received a net dividend of 386 million euros from VW plus tax refunds of 326 million euros.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen