Luxury German sports carmaker Porsche on Tuesday
reported a jump in first-half profits, boosted by a dividend payment
from Volkswagen and tax refunds.
Post-tax group profits rose to 1.47 billion euros (2 billion dollars) in the six months to the end of June, compared with 1.16 billion euros in the same period last year, said the Stuttgart-based group, which is part of the VW group.
Porsche received a net dividend of 386 million euros from VW plus tax refunds of 326 million euros.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter