Luxury German sports carmaker Porsche on Tuesday
reported a jump in first-half profits, boosted by a dividend payment
from Volkswagen and tax refunds.
Post-tax group profits rose to 1.47 billion euros (2 billion dollars) in the six months to the end of June, compared with 1.16 billion euros in the same period last year, said the Stuttgart-based group, which is part of the VW group.
Porsche received a net dividend of 386 million euros from VW plus tax refunds of 326 million euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation