Luxury German sports carmaker Porsche on Tuesday
reported a jump in first-half profits, boosted by a dividend payment
from Volkswagen and tax refunds.
Post-tax group profits rose to 1.47 billion euros (2 billion dollars) in the six months to the end of June, compared with 1.16 billion euros in the same period last year, said the Stuttgart-based group, which is part of the VW group.
Porsche received a net dividend of 386 million euros from VW plus tax refunds of 326 million euros.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey