The new Bachelor is Hispanic! When it was announced Monday night that Juan Pablo Galavis was chosen as the next Bachelor for the reality TV series, people -- er, women -- were more excited about that news than the fact that Dez chose Chris.
Social media was in a frenzy about the Latino hottie who has garnered a large following of adoring fans. During one studio-audience episode of The Bachelorette, women wore T-shirts with his name on them, and squealed every time his name was mentioned.
So to prepare you for the next season, we put together some facts about the Latino.
He was born in the U.S., but raised in Venezuela.
He has a 4-year-old daughter and her name is Camila.
He turned 32 years old on Aug. 5 -- the same day it was announced he was the next Bachelor.
He is a former professional soccer player: spent three years playing in the Venezuelan first division for Aragua, Guaros de Lara and Monagas Sport Club.
He enjoys teaching his Twitter followers Spanish, and tweets in both languages.
He is a big fan of Bruno Mars' music.
He is a fan of Jay Z's entrepreneurial spirit, and was impressed with the entertainer's move to become a licensed NBA, MLB agent.
Do you know more about him? Post to comments.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March