The new Bachelor is Hispanic! When it was announced Monday night that Juan Pablo Galavis was chosen as the next Bachelor for the reality TV series, people -- er, women -- were more excited about that news than the fact that Dez chose Chris.
Social media was in a frenzy about the Latino hottie who has garnered a large following of adoring fans. During one studio-audience episode of The Bachelorette, women wore T-shirts with his name on them, and squealed every time his name was mentioned.
So to prepare you for the next season, we put together some facts about the Latino.
He was born in the U.S., but raised in Venezuela.
He has a 4-year-old daughter and her name is Camila.
He turned 32 years old on Aug. 5 -- the same day it was announced he was the next Bachelor.
He is a former professional soccer player: spent three years playing in the Venezuelan first division for Aragua, Guaros de Lara and Monagas Sport Club.
He enjoys teaching his Twitter followers Spanish, and tweets in both languages.
He is a big fan of Bruno Mars' music.
He is a fan of Jay Z's entrepreneurial spirit, and was impressed with the entertainer's move to become a licensed NBA, MLB agent.
Do you know more about him? Post to comments.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant