Dawn Taubin is joining DreamWorks Animation (Nasdaq: DWA) as chief marketing officer, it was announced. Taubin, who most recently held the role of president of marketing for Warner Bros., will head all of marketing for the studio including theatrical, television and global brand initiatives.
"Dawn's vast experience in marketing franchise films with a global reach is a perfect fit as we continue to diversify and expand our brand," DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg said.
During Ms. Taubin's six-year tenure as president of domestic marketing for Warner Bros. Pictures, the studio reached the $1 billion mark at the domestic box office every year. Among the films marketed under her leadership are the Harry Potter series, the Oceans series, 300, I Am Legend, Batman Begins and Academy Award-winning films The Departed, Happy Feet and Million Dollar Baby.
After leaving Warner Bros., Ms. Taubin began her own company, Cinema Vision, where she has been providing marketing consultation to various entertainment companies including The Walt Disney Company, Sony Pictures, Exclusive Media, Relativity, and Rhino Records. In addition, Ms. Taubin is a professor of public relations and advertising at the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts at Chapman University in Orange, Calif.
Ms. Taubin joined Warner Bros. Pictures in 1989 as vice president of publicity and held various positions until she was promoted to head of marketing in 2002. Prior to that she was with MGM/UA Communications and Warner Amex Cable Communications.
SOURCE DreamWorks Animation
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays