Rose State College's nationally known cybersecurity
program will be offered fully online as well as in the classroom beginning Aug.
Enrollment is now open. Rose State College is the only community college in the nation that offers all six federal cybersecurity certifications.
Students who enroll for online courses will need to go through admissions, talk with an adviser and, specifically for cybersecurity, submit to a law enforcement background check, as do traditional cybersecurity students.
The new method of delivery doesn't change the curriculum but allows for more students to be enrolled to meet demand, said program director Ken Dewey.
The degree was approved by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education in May, Dewey said.
"We're excited we can offer this option," Dewey said. "Many students are unable to attend because of distance or because of hours they have to work. This breaks through that barrier to learning cybersecurity."
The program is designed to prepare students with knowledge to gain immediate employment in the cybersecurity field. The program emphasis includes an understanding of wireless, biometrics and remote access technologies along with computer forensic investigation methods. Customized student options are offered.
Rose State College's cybersecurity program has been selected as a Center of Academic Excellence by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
To learn more
For more information about Rose State College's cybersecurity program, contact Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 733-7977.
(c)2013 The Oklahoman
Visit The Oklahoman at www.newsok.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign