There were three winning tickets for the Powerball jackpot of $448 million, the
fourth largest lotto prize ever, the Multi-State Lottery Association said.
Two of the winners bought their tickets in New Jersey, and the third winning ticket was sold in Minnesota, the association said Thursday.
The winning numbers were 5, 25, 30, 58, 59 with the Powerball 32.
The chances of picking a winning Powerball ticket are roughly one in 175 million, the association said, but an additional 4,051,006 players also won prizes totaling more than $66.9 million.
The winning tickets in New Jersey were sold at a Super Stop 'n Shop in South Brunswick and an Acme Markets in Little Egg Harbor, lottery officials said.
The Minnesota location was not immediately available.
Strings of weeks without any winners over the past year have allowed Powerball jackpots to grow,
The highest four lottery prizes ever in the United States have come since March 2012, when the record was set at $656 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?