There were three winning tickets for the Powerball jackpot of $448 million, the
fourth largest lotto prize ever, the Multi-State Lottery Association said.
Two of the winners bought their tickets in New Jersey, and the third winning ticket was sold in Minnesota, the association said Thursday.
The winning numbers were 5, 25, 30, 58, 59 with the Powerball 32.
The chances of picking a winning Powerball ticket are roughly one in 175 million, the association said, but an additional 4,051,006 players also won prizes totaling more than $66.9 million.
The winning tickets in New Jersey were sold at a Super Stop 'n Shop in South Brunswick and an Acme Markets in Little Egg Harbor, lottery officials said.
The Minnesota location was not immediately available.
Strings of weeks without any winners over the past year have allowed Powerball jackpots to grow,
The highest four lottery prizes ever in the United States have come since March 2012, when the record was set at $656 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag