There were three winning tickets for the Powerball jackpot of $448 million, the
fourth largest lotto prize ever, the Multi-State Lottery Association said.
Two of the winners bought their tickets in New Jersey, and the third winning ticket was sold in Minnesota, the association said Thursday.
The winning numbers were 5, 25, 30, 58, 59 with the Powerball 32.
The chances of picking a winning Powerball ticket are roughly one in 175 million, the association said, but an additional 4,051,006 players also won prizes totaling more than $66.9 million.
The winning tickets in New Jersey were sold at a Super Stop 'n Shop in South Brunswick and an Acme Markets in Little Egg Harbor, lottery officials said.
The Minnesota location was not immediately available.
Strings of weeks without any winners over the past year have allowed Powerball jackpots to grow,
The highest four lottery prizes ever in the United States have come since March 2012, when the record was set at $656 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'