There were three winning tickets for the Powerball jackpot of $448 million, the
fourth largest lotto prize ever, the Multi-State Lottery Association said.
Two of the winners bought their tickets in New Jersey, and the third winning ticket was sold in Minnesota, the association said Thursday.
The winning numbers were 5, 25, 30, 58, 59 with the Powerball 32.
The chances of picking a winning Powerball ticket are roughly one in 175 million, the association said, but an additional 4,051,006 players also won prizes totaling more than $66.9 million.
The winning tickets in New Jersey were sold at a Super Stop 'n Shop in South Brunswick and an Acme Markets in Little Egg Harbor, lottery officials said.
The Minnesota location was not immediately available.
Strings of weeks without any winners over the past year have allowed Powerball jackpots to grow,
The highest four lottery prizes ever in the United States have come since March 2012, when the record was set at $656 million.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter