AS Llanelli Youth Theatre finishes one project, Llanelli Stage Company, LYT'S senior company starts rehearsals for its first production at Ffwrnes at the end of September.
We have chosen to perform Howard Goodall's relatively unknown musical Days of Hope. This will be performed at Stiwdio Stepni from September 25 to 28.
Although you will probably not be familiar with this musical, you will certainly know some of Howard Goodall's other work, which includes the TV themes for Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Mr Bean, The Vicar of Dibley and The Catherine Tate Show.
You may also be familiar with his other musicals, which include The Hired Man and more recently Love Story.
Days of Hope, first performed in 1990, is set by the edge of the sea in Valencia in 1939 at the end of the Spanish Civil War. It is the story of a family torn apart by the war, trying to decide whether to flee or stay and fight.
We first became aware of Days of Hope after performing The Hired Man at Theatr Elli in 1989. Always a favourite with us and the audience, we are hoping that Days of Hope will have the same impact.
It even has two of the original cast of The Hired Man performing the roles of Carlos and Maria, Phil Rees and Pat Stevens, originally created by John Turner and Una Stubbs.
Llanelli Youth Theatre and Llanelli Stage Company will also be performing at the 100 Voices Variety Concert at Ffwrnes on August 30 and 31 August to raise funds for Cancer Research and The Welsh Guards benevolent fund.
HAVE YOUR SAY Find all the latest entertainment news on our website llanellistar.co.uk
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Senate Reaches Unemployment Benefits Deal
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna