Learn about sharks and rays
Loggerhead Marinelife Center's Free Summer Science Lecture Series continues with "Taking a Bite Out of Shark Week: An Introduction to Sharks & Rays" with Chris Koch, owner, Jurassic Parts, at 6 p.m. today, 14200 U.S. 1. Geared toward adults and older children. Refreshments. Free. Info: 561-627-8280, Ext. 119; marinelife.org.
Garland on the big screen
Judy Garland: A Life on Film, a special film event, screens at 7:30 p.m. today at Arts Garage, 180 N.E. First St. The evening will be moderated by film historian Caroline Breder-Watts, host of WLRN 91.3, and Rob Davis. The presentation uses film clips and a panel discussion to examine the amazing performances of the legendary singer and actress. Tickets: $12. Info: 561-450-6357; artsgarage. com
Cuban artists spotlighted at Havana Nights
Meet Me at The Museum goes Cuban during Havana Nights at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, at the museum, Mizner Park, 501 Plaza Real. This monthly party features art, wine and hors d'oeuvres served in the sculpture garden and a tour of Cuban artists featured on the second floor. It also features live salsa music and dance lessons, sketching with art instructors from the Art School. Tickets: $8 members, $12 nonmembers in advance, $12 and $18 at the door. Info: 561-392-2500; boca museum.org
'Sound City' at Crest Theatre
Art Cinema at the Crest, a weekly movie series, continues with "Sound City" at 6 and 8:30 p.m. Wednesday,at Delray Beach Center for the Arts' Crest Theatre, Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave. Tickets: $8. Cash bar and concessions. Info: 561-243-7922, www.DelrayCenterFor TheArts.org
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum