U.S. television network CBS says it ordered 13 episodes of "Extant," a futuristic thriller from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios.
To be broadcast next summer, the show is about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space.
No casting has been announced yet.
"'Extant' is a very original concept with layers of humanity, mystery and surprise that reveal itself throughout the script," Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement Wednesday. "Our partnership with Amblin for 'Under the Dome' showed that viewers respond to high-quality event programming in the summer. We look forward to building on that with 'Extant' and offering CBS audiences another high-concept, unique event for summer television."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention