U.S. television network CBS says it ordered 13 episodes of "Extant," a futuristic thriller from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios.
To be broadcast next summer, the show is about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space.
No casting has been announced yet.
"'Extant' is a very original concept with layers of humanity, mystery and surprise that reveal itself throughout the script," Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement Wednesday. "Our partnership with Amblin for 'Under the Dome' showed that viewers respond to high-quality event programming in the summer. We look forward to building on that with 'Extant' and offering CBS audiences another high-concept, unique event for summer television."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap