U.S. television network CBS says it ordered 13 episodes of "Extant," a futuristic thriller from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios.
To be broadcast next summer, the show is about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space.
No casting has been announced yet.
"'Extant' is a very original concept with layers of humanity, mystery and surprise that reveal itself throughout the script," Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement Wednesday. "Our partnership with Amblin for 'Under the Dome' showed that viewers respond to high-quality event programming in the summer. We look forward to building on that with 'Extant' and offering CBS audiences another high-concept, unique event for summer television."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Deported Honduran Families Face a Bleak Future
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- 'There's a Chance' Bachmann Will Run for President in 2016