U.S. television network CBS says it ordered 13 episodes of "Extant," a futuristic thriller from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios.
To be broadcast next summer, the show is about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space.
No casting has been announced yet.
"'Extant' is a very original concept with layers of humanity, mystery and surprise that reveal itself throughout the script," Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement Wednesday. "Our partnership with Amblin for 'Under the Dome' showed that viewers respond to high-quality event programming in the summer. We look forward to building on that with 'Extant' and offering CBS audiences another high-concept, unique event for summer television."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing