U.S. television network CBS says it ordered 13 episodes of "Extant," a futuristic thriller from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios.
To be broadcast next summer, the show is about a female astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space.
No casting has been announced yet.
"'Extant' is a very original concept with layers of humanity, mystery and surprise that reveal itself throughout the script," Nina Tassler, president of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement Wednesday. "Our partnership with Amblin for 'Under the Dome' showed that viewers respond to high-quality event programming in the summer. We look forward to building on that with 'Extant' and offering CBS audiences another high-concept, unique event for summer television."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?