Aug. 07--The 1960 Federico Fellini classic is part of this year's "Ebert Everlasting" series, a tribute to the late film critic Roger Ebert consisting of seven of his favorite films. It's title loosely translates to "The Sweet Life," something Ebert said didn't exist, but we all must "find that out for yourself," he once wrote.
Starring: Marcello Mastroianni as a philandering tabloid journalist, with Anouk Aimee as a beautiful heiress and Anita Ekberg as a famous actress, both of whom he pursues.
Plot: An Italian journalist of questionable character experiences lust, envy, spirituality and more in an unsuccessful quest for happiness during a week in Rome.
Box office: $4. 6:30 p.m. today (Italian with English subtitles), Philanthropy Theatre (next to the Plaza Theatre).
Extras: View a trailer at elpasotimes.com.
FOR MORE ON the Plaza Classic Film Festival, VISIT plazaclassic.com
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana