Aug. 07--The 1960 Federico Fellini classic is part of this year's "Ebert Everlasting" series, a tribute to the late film critic Roger Ebert consisting of seven of his favorite films. It's title loosely translates to "The Sweet Life," something Ebert said didn't exist, but we all must "find that out for yourself," he once wrote.
Starring: Marcello Mastroianni as a philandering tabloid journalist, with Anouk Aimee as a beautiful heiress and Anita Ekberg as a famous actress, both of whom he pursues.
Plot: An Italian journalist of questionable character experiences lust, envy, spirituality and more in an unsuccessful quest for happiness during a week in Rome.
Box office: $4. 6:30 p.m. today (Italian with English subtitles), Philanthropy Theatre (next to the Plaza Theatre).
Extras: View a trailer at elpasotimes.com.
FOR MORE ON the Plaza Classic Film Festival, VISIT plazaclassic.com
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time