A bomb planted on a motorcycle exploded near a market in Pakistan's port city of
Karachi Wednesday killing at least 11 children, police said.
Provincial Assembly member Sabia Naz told IANS/Geo News the blast occurred shortly after a football match ended in the Lyari area. In addition to the dead children, at least a dozen people were injured.
In the Mastung area of Balochistan in north-central Pakistan, an explosion Wednesday near a shopping center killed two people, one a child, and injured 15. The bomb targeted shoppers preparing for Eid, the feast at the end of Ramadan, the Pakistani television news channel Dawn News reported.
The injured victims were hospitalized, and three were in critical condition, Dawn News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'