A bomb planted on a motorcycle exploded near a market in Pakistan's port city of
Karachi Wednesday killing at least 11 children, police said.
Provincial Assembly member Sabia Naz told IANS/Geo News the blast occurred shortly after a football match ended in the Lyari area. In addition to the dead children, at least a dozen people were injured.
In the Mastung area of Balochistan in north-central Pakistan, an explosion Wednesday near a shopping center killed two people, one a child, and injured 15. The bomb targeted shoppers preparing for Eid, the feast at the end of Ramadan, the Pakistani television news channel Dawn News reported.
The injured victims were hospitalized, and three were in critical condition, Dawn News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder