A bomb planted on a motorcycle exploded near a market in Pakistan's port city of
Karachi Wednesday killing at least 11 children, police said.
Provincial Assembly member Sabia Naz told IANS/Geo News the blast occurred shortly after a football match ended in the Lyari area. In addition to the dead children, at least a dozen people were injured.
In the Mastung area of Balochistan in north-central Pakistan, an explosion Wednesday near a shopping center killed two people, one a child, and injured 15. The bomb targeted shoppers preparing for Eid, the feast at the end of Ramadan, the Pakistani television news channel Dawn News reported.
The injured victims were hospitalized, and three were in critical condition, Dawn News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise