Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, will headline the Republican Party of Iowa's Ronald
Reagan Dinner in October, state GOP leaders announced.
The dinner is one of the state party's largest events and typically serves as a showcase for Republican leaders, state chairman A.J. Spiker said.
Cruz has made frequent trips to Iowa, boosting speculation he may run for president in 2016, the Des Moines Register said Monday. It added Cruz will attend a Family Leader summit for evangelical Christians in Ames, Iowa, this weekend, and last month spoke to conservative pastors at an event in Des Moines.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt