Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, will headline the Republican Party of Iowa's Ronald
Reagan Dinner in October, state GOP leaders announced.
The dinner is one of the state party's largest events and typically serves as a showcase for Republican leaders, state chairman A.J. Spiker said.
Cruz has made frequent trips to Iowa, boosting speculation he may run for president in 2016, the Des Moines Register said Monday. It added Cruz will attend a Family Leader summit for evangelical Christians in Ames, Iowa, this weekend, and last month spoke to conservative pastors at an event in Des Moines.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers