Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, will headline the Republican Party of Iowa's Ronald
Reagan Dinner in October, state GOP leaders announced.
The dinner is one of the state party's largest events and typically serves as a showcase for Republican leaders, state chairman A.J. Spiker said.
Cruz has made frequent trips to Iowa, boosting speculation he may run for president in 2016, the Des Moines Register said Monday. It added Cruz will attend a Family Leader summit for evangelical Christians in Ames, Iowa, this weekend, and last month spoke to conservative pastors at an event in Des Moines.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy