Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, will headline the Republican Party of Iowa's Ronald
Reagan Dinner in October, state GOP leaders announced.
The dinner is one of the state party's largest events and typically serves as a showcase for Republican leaders, state chairman A.J. Spiker said.
Cruz has made frequent trips to Iowa, boosting speculation he may run for president in 2016, the Des Moines Register said Monday. It added Cruz will attend a Family Leader summit for evangelical Christians in Ames, Iowa, this weekend, and last month spoke to conservative pastors at an event in Des Moines.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Lindsay Lohan, Jimmy Fallon Get Soaked on 'The Tonight Show': Watch
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- BofA CEO Gets a 77 Percent Pay Bump