Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, will headline the Republican Party of Iowa's Ronald
Reagan Dinner in October, state GOP leaders announced.
The dinner is one of the state party's largest events and typically serves as a showcase for Republican leaders, state chairman A.J. Spiker said.
Cruz has made frequent trips to Iowa, boosting speculation he may run for president in 2016, the Des Moines Register said Monday. It added Cruz will attend a Family Leader summit for evangelical Christians in Ames, Iowa, this weekend, and last month spoke to conservative pastors at an event in Des Moines.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data