The supporters of ousted Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi called for a
new protest comprising of millions of supporters, Al Jazeera channel reported on
According to the channel, the demonstrations will be held under the slogan 'Resistance against the Coup'.
'The army arranges explosions in Egypt and blames Morsi's supporters. All this is done in order to suppress the protests and break the will of the demonstrators', a statement of the National Alliance for Supporting Legitimacy established in Egypt to fight against the coup, said.
On July 3 the Egyptian army ousted the Islamist President Mohamed Morsi from power, suspended the Constitution and asked the head of the Constitutional Court to perform the duties of head of state for a transitional period.
Morsi's supporters who disagree with the army's decision conduct daily protests demanding the return of the president and restoration of the Constitution.
Egypt's court also decided to arrest Morsi for 15 days as a part of the on-going investigation. The court accused Morsi of cooperating with Hamas, as well as the escape from prison during the revolution in 2011.
(c)2013 Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan)
Visit Trend News Agency (Baku, Azerbaijan) at en.trend.az
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant