AUGUSTA -- Billy Libby & Friends will return to the lawn of Lithgow Public Library to close out the ever-popular outdoor Summer Concert Series with a free performan at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22.
In case of rain, the concert will be held in the library's Reading Room.
The New York City-based Libby will be joined by talented vocalist- musicians Sean Morin and Kallie Ciechomski. Libby grew up in Portland and now lives in Brooklyn, N.Y. His current release "Pitter Patter" is an introspective and subdued snapshot of both the most wrenching and most whimsical moments of life. The album was recorded and played by Libby, and the result is both ethereal and captivating.
In addition to writing music, Billy is the founder of "Your Song, Your Story," a project that uses songwriting as therapy to help children dealing with grief or trauma in their lives. This program is designed to help kids write and perform their very own song, regardless of their past musical experiences.
Ciechomski made her Carnegie Hall debut in 2006 as a winner of the Chamber Music Foundation of New England's International Competition. She has also performed at Lincoln Center, Boston Symphony Hall, The Kennedy Center, RadioFrance, and on National Public Radio's "From the Top." In addition to her classical studies, she also performs and records with several New England rock groups including Libby's.
Morin is a composer/multi-instrumentalist whose many musical projects include Mai, Mai, a CD dedicated to marrying chamber and popular based music. The Maine native is a graduate of the music program at the University of Maine at Augusta.
Lithgow Library is at 45 Winthrop Street. For more information, call 207-626-2415 or visit www.lithgow.lib.me.us.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign