Car Show: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6, Round Lake Beach Lake Front. The Round Lake Beach Police Department will be hosting a car show as part of its annual National Night Out event. Free to enter a vehicle and to attend. The Batmobile from the hit '60s TV series will be on display. Free.
Eid al Fitr Celebration: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6, Indian Trails Library District, 355 Schoenbeck Road, Wheeling. All ages. An early celebration Eid al Fitr, the Sugar Feast that marks the end of Ramadan. Come to the library for henna tattoos, folk tales in Urdu and English, and a treat in the Front Room. Registration not required. Free. Visit www.indiantrailslibrary.org.
Music on the Esplanade: 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 27, Chicago Botanic Garden, 1000 Lake-Cook Road, Glencoe. Enjoy the gardens before sipping a drink and having a light supper. Live music varies weekly. On Aug. 6, Fernandez + Kimball will perform Spanish guitars music. Visit www.chicagobotanic.org/evenings/esplanade_evenings.
'Road to Morocco': 1 and 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, Northbrook Public Library, 1201 Cedar Lane, Northbrook. The third of the "Road" pictures starring Bing Crosby and Bob Hope. The 1942 comedy was nominated for Best Original Screenplay and Best Sound Recording. Presented in 35 mm, the film is 82 minutes. Free. Visit www.northbrook.info/events/film.
Summer Concert Series: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6, Gurnee Mills, 6170 W. Grand Ave., Gurnee. Live local performances in a variety of genres. Concertgoers will receive special offers from participating retailers. Free. Call (847) 263-7500, visit www.gurneemills.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes