Aug. 06--If tonight's sold-out free Wednesday screening at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth for Ain't Them Bodies Saints, the much anticipated feature debut from Dallas director David Lowery, is any indication, it might be the next Texas cinematic success story. It has picked up awards at Sundance and the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Lowery and producer James N. Johnston will be on hand for a question-and-answer session following the showing. Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara star in this moody, Texas-set story about an outlaw looking to reunite with his wife.
But if you haven't gotten tickets, don't despair. They may release more at the door so get there in plenty of time for the 7 p.m. start. And, if you don't get in, the film opens commercially Aug. 23 and returns to the Modern for a weekend booking Sept. 15-17.
The Modern is located at 3200 Darnell St. Call 817 738-9215 or go to themodern.org
(c)2013 the Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Visit the Fort Worth Star-Telegram at www.star-telegram.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go