Aug. 06--If tonight's sold-out free Wednesday screening at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth for Ain't Them Bodies Saints, the much anticipated feature debut from Dallas director David Lowery, is any indication, it might be the next Texas cinematic success story. It has picked up awards at Sundance and the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
Lowery and producer James N. Johnston will be on hand for a question-and-answer session following the showing. Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara star in this moody, Texas-set story about an outlaw looking to reunite with his wife.
But if you haven't gotten tickets, don't despair. They may release more at the door so get there in plenty of time for the 7 p.m. start. And, if you don't get in, the film opens commercially Aug. 23 and returns to the Modern for a weekend booking Sept. 15-17.
The Modern is located at 3200 Darnell St. Call 817 738-9215 or go to themodern.org
(c)2013 the Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Visit the Fort Worth Star-Telegram at www.star-telegram.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department