U.S. President Barack Obama went golfing with friends at Andrews Air Force base
ahead of his 52nd birthday Sunday, officials said.
Obama invited 11 people to join him for a round of golf Saturday, including high school pals from Hawaii, Greg Orme, Bobby Titcomb and Mike Ramos, and college buddies Wahid Hamid and Laurent Delanney, The Hill reported.
Before the outing, Obama was briefed on a potential terrorist threat coming from the Arabian Peninsula, a White House official said.
After the round of golf, Obama and several of his golf buddies traveled by helicopter to Camp David for an overnight celebration, the White House said.
A number of other people, including first lady Michelle Obama, were scheduled to meet the president at Camp David for the party.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists