U.S. President Barack Obama went golfing with friends at Andrews Air Force base
ahead of his 52nd birthday Sunday, officials said.
Obama invited 11 people to join him for a round of golf Saturday, including high school pals from Hawaii, Greg Orme, Bobby Titcomb and Mike Ramos, and college buddies Wahid Hamid and Laurent Delanney, The Hill reported.
Before the outing, Obama was briefed on a potential terrorist threat coming from the Arabian Peninsula, a White House official said.
After the round of golf, Obama and several of his golf buddies traveled by helicopter to Camp David for an overnight celebration, the White House said.
A number of other people, including first lady Michelle Obama, were scheduled to meet the president at Camp David for the party.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy