U.S. President Barack Obama went golfing with friends at Andrews Air Force base
ahead of his 52nd birthday Sunday, officials said.
Obama invited 11 people to join him for a round of golf Saturday, including high school pals from Hawaii, Greg Orme, Bobby Titcomb and Mike Ramos, and college buddies Wahid Hamid and Laurent Delanney, The Hill reported.
Before the outing, Obama was briefed on a potential terrorist threat coming from the Arabian Peninsula, a White House official said.
After the round of golf, Obama and several of his golf buddies traveled by helicopter to Camp David for an overnight celebration, the White House said.
A number of other people, including first lady Michelle Obama, were scheduled to meet the president at Camp David for the party.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise