The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "Method and apparatus for electrically charactering an integrated circuit (IC) are described. In an example, a data line in conductive interconnect of the IC is identified that is failing. First and second vertical trenches are milled in the IC along the data line to expose respective first and second cross-sections of the conductive interconnect having the data line. First and second probes are placed in contact with the data line in the first and second vertical trenches, respectively. A determination is made whether the data line is open or shorted between the first and second vertical trenches using an electrical measurement device coupled to the first and second probes."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins
- Vets Vow to Fight for Benefits in Budget Battle