German consumer organisation Stiftung Warentest said Samsung mobile phones have consistently been rated the best among the hundreds that it has tested since 2012. It said six out of nine top handsets are Samsung-branded ones. The overall leader is the Galaxy S4. The September edition of the
Not all Samsung phones shine, thugh: the organisation is unable to recommend the Samsung Galaxy Young, calling its camera and display poor, and it rated the Galaxy Express only as satisfactory.
Meanwhile, the LG Optimus G, HTC One, and Sony Xperia Z get 'good' ratings, although there is a problem with the HTC One antenna. Ahead of these three smartphones comes the Galaxy S4 Mini, partly thanks to its good battery. The Nokia Lumia 520 and 620 did well in the bargain category, but the 720 broke when dropped. The Apple iPhone 5 is currently rated the fifth best smartphone.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today