Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced that Pacific Rim, Guillermo del Toro's futuristic action movie pitting giant robots against giant monsters, has crossed the $400 million mark in worldwide box office earnings. Though del Toro has a litany of widely acclaimed movies, including Pan's Labyrinth and both Hellboy films, to his credit, Pacific Rim represents his highest grossing film ever.
The film is doing notably well in China, where, according to the announcement, Pacific Rim is "the biggest of any Warner Bros. Pictures release ever and the fifth-biggest MPA film gross in China's cinema history."
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day