Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced that Pacific Rim, Guillermo del Toro's futuristic action movie pitting giant robots against giant monsters, has crossed the $400 million mark in worldwide box office earnings. Though del Toro has a litany of widely acclaimed movies, including Pan's Labyrinth and both Hellboy films, to his credit, Pacific Rim represents his highest grossing film ever.
The film is doing notably well in China, where, according to the announcement, Pacific Rim is "the biggest of any Warner Bros. Pictures release ever and the fifth-biggest MPA film gross in China's cinema history."
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes