Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced that Pacific Rim, Guillermo del Toro's futuristic action movie pitting giant robots against giant monsters, has crossed the $400 million mark in worldwide box office earnings. Though del Toro has a litany of widely acclaimed movies, including Pan's Labyrinth and both Hellboy films, to his credit, Pacific Rim represents his highest grossing film ever.
The film is doing notably well in China, where, according to the announcement, Pacific Rim is "the biggest of any Warner Bros. Pictures release ever and the fifth-biggest MPA film gross in China's cinema history."
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map