Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgn and Kareena Kapoor's
directed by Prakash Jha releases today.
, a political thriller tells the tale of a revolution of the middle-class against a corrupt government and a broken system.
Produced by UTV Motion pictures, the film also stars Arjun Rampal, Manoj Bajpayee and Amrita Rao in lead roles.
While Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of a man with a firm belief in truth, Manoj Bajpayee will be seen reprising the role of a character deemed a threat to democracy. Arjun plays the role of a man who is active participant in the revolution, while Kareena Kapoor will be seen as a TV reporter with a strong opinion.
Ajay Devgn represents the class of ambitious entrepreneurs while Amrita who will play Amitabh Bachchan's daughter in the film, is a modern, educated teacher.
With films like
having had an impact on the audience, Prakash Jha is confident that his film will engage his fans, who according to him want a good story.
Though the film faced some opposition from Anna Hazare supporters, the makers maintain that some moments of the film may take you back to the protests initiated by Anna Hazare, however, the film is not modeled on Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal.
After the past few glossy releases of frothy romance and action-comedy, a political thriller makes for a refreshing change. Don't you agree?
Keep watching this space for our review by Shubhra Gupta soon.
Copyright 2013 The Indian Express Online Media Pvt. Ltd., distributed by Contify.com
Credit: Sunitra Pacheco
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant