US Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday that US
intellgence had clear evidence the Syrian government had prepared and launched a
chemical attack in a Damascus suburb a week ago and that the world could not
turn a "blind eye" to regime's action.
"We know that for three days before the attack the Syrian regime's chemical weapons personnel were on the ground, in the area, making preparations," Kerry said. "And we know that the Syrian regime elements were told to prepare for the attack by putting on gas masks and taking precautions associated with chemical weapons."
Kerry said the US knew "where the rockets were launched from, and at what time. We know where they landed, and when."
The secretary said that "history would judge us all extraordinarily harshly if we turned a blind eye to a dictator's wanton use of weapons of mass destruction against all warnings, against all common understanding of decency."
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy