Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED) portfolio has been extended by the
WICED is a platform that simplifies the execution of Internet connectivity into an array of consumer devices.
About 15 million is expected by the experts for wearable smart devices, which will be sold this year, and nearly 70 million by 2017.
As designs get smaller, lighter and more power efficient, the connection of a wearable device to powerful smartphones or tablets that can process and send data to the cloud is critical. For this reason, smart mobile devices have become the hub for interconnecting everything.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- WTO Makes Progress on Trade Deal
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data