Aug. 30--An actress who appears in the upcoming "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" and an actor from "Mad Men" are coming to Aberdeen for the South Dakota Film Festival Sept. 26-29.
The actress, Shannon Lucio, appears in the pilot of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," which will premiere on ABC Sept. 24. She plays Debbie.
The actor, Charlie Hofheimer, appeared on 11 episodes of "Mad Men" as Abe Drexler.
Tom Black, one of the South Dakota Film Festival producers, also announced that actress Jenny Dempster will attend the festival. Dempster is a Sioux Falls native whose father, Tom, was a South Dakota state senator.
Lucio, Hofheimer and Dempster are all involved in "Home," a 10-minute film that will be shown at the festival Sept. 28. Dempster is the star of "Home," which was made in 2012, and the film's executive producer. Lucio and Hofheimer are two of the picture's four producers. Hofheimer is also the director and one of two editors.
Lucio, 33, played Lindsay Gardner in 12 episodes of "The O.C." in 2004-05. She was also a regular on the Fox series "Prison Break."
Lucio appeared in the 2008 film, "Fireflies in the Garden." Her TV roles include "Grey's Anatomy," "Castle" and "CSI: Miami," as well as the 2005 TV movie, "Spring Break Shark Attack."
Black said that Lucio's profile will be high when she's in Aberdeen because of the publicity that "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" receives that week.
"She's been in some really great stuff on television," he said.
Hofheimer, 32, was in a four-episode arc on "Private Practice." He had a small role in the 2001 film, "Black Hawk Down." His TV experience includes "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit," "Cold Case," "NCIS" and "House, M.D." He's in the current film, "Paranoia."
For information about the festival, call 605-225-2228 or visit www.southdakotafilmfest.org.
(c)2013 the American News (Aberdeen, S.D.)
Visit the American News (Aberdeen, S.D.) at www.aberdeennews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low