Redbiotec will contribute its proprietary rePAX® technology for production of virus-like particles (VLPs) and multi-protein complexes and their expertise in the field of HCMV (human cytomegalovirus) to build a verified library of VLPs/multi-protein complexes for vaccine development and testing. By using TeselaGen’s technology, Redbiotec expects to accelerate the development of the new library. This library also will help reveal potential causes of virus latency and help elucidate virus-triggered cancer mechanisms.
TeselaGen will contribute its proprietary Synthetic Evolution® technology, which uses synthetic biology approaches to build and modify DNA and automate library creation as well as statistical learning approaches to model performance of VLPs/multi-protein complexes and feed information back into the design process. The two companies will work together to enhance their respective technologies to meet the joint venture’s objectives.
“Redbiotec’s deep experience in VLP production and synthetic virology is very valuable to TeselaGen as we develop our technology to solve real world problems. We are very impressed with Redbiotec’s work on HCMV and are eager to help speed the development pipeline to go after vaccine candidates for Herpes,” said
“TeselaGen’s experience and capabilities in automated DNA design are very important to Redbiotec”, said
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11069569.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod