Bisphenol A, or BPA, is a high production volume chemical widely used in manufacturing polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins that are used in many industries. Procedures described in a new
The new standard, ASTM D7858, Test Method for Determination of Bisphenol A in Soil, Sludge and Biosolids by Pressurized Fluid Extraction and Analyzed by Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry, is under the jurisdiction of D34.01.06 on Analytical Methods, a part of ASTM International Committee D34 on Waste Management.
"Members of the public, including industry, nongovernment organizations, governments and citizens routinely request information regarding the BPA content of products and BPA's presence in the environment, making this standard extremely useful for various sampling strategies," says Zintek.
In addition, Zintek notes that the standard will be used in work that
In addition to government agencies, primary users of ASTM D7858 will include environmental contractors and laboratories monitoring environmental media for BPA.
Along with ASTM D7574, Test Method for Determination of Bisphenol A in Environmental Waters by Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry (approved by ASTM International Committee D19 on Water in 2009), ASTM D7858 is used by the
Subcommittee D34.01 will be conducting interlaboratory validation testing to be completed by 2014. Laboratories interested in participating should contact Zintek.
TNS 24HariCha-130830-30FurigayJane-4470899 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping