Misuse of Internet Protocol (IP) Captioned Telephone Service; Telecommunications Relay Services and Speech-to-Speech Services for Individuals With Hearing and Speech Disabilities
CFR Part: "47 CFR Part 64"
Citation: "78 FR 53684"
Document Number: "CG Docket Nos. 13-24 and 03-123;
"Rules and Regulations"
SUMMARY: In this document, the Commission adopts permanent rules addressing marketing, labeling, registration and default equipment-setting requirements for internet protocol captioned telephone relay service (IP CTS). This action is necessary to ensure that persons with hearing disabilities have access to telecommunications relay services (TRS) that address their needs in an efficient manner, in furtherance of the objectives of section 225 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (Act), to provide relay services enabling communication that is functionally equivalent to conventional telephone voice services, while at the same time protecting the
EFFECTIVE DATE: Effective
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This is a summary of the Commission's Misuse of Internet Protocol (IP) Captioned Telephone Service; Telecommunications Relay Services and Speech-to-Speech Services for Individuals with Hearing and Speech Disabilities, Report and Order (Order), document
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women